uperstore along with a pink hat for infants that sported cute bear ears. I painted the rainbow tummy symbol of Cheer Bear on the shirt and poof! a costume. The shirt is at left, I think the greatest compliments were the slight widening of eyes when I said I'd painted the shirt myself and hadn't bought it thNovember 09, 2008
Halloween
Halloween is the same in Canada as in the US - duh - you dress-up and hope someone remembered to buy candy. My landlady warned that I wouldn't get any trick-or-treaters, so I only bought one bag of candy and didn't have any kids at the door. I'm not big on dressing up for Halloween, but since I was invited to a labmate's Halloween party this year, I was obligated to do something. Since I was a bit short on time (that's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it) I went as Cheer Bear the Care Bear. I found some pink pajama pants and a pink long sleeve shirt at the local Real Canadian S
uperstore along with a pink hat for infants that sported cute bear ears. I painted the rainbow tummy symbol of Cheer Bear on the shirt and poof! a costume. The shirt is at left, I think the greatest compliments were the slight widening of eyes when I said I'd painted the shirt myself and hadn't bought it th
at way. I think it'll make a good yard work/cruise shirt. The other new post-doc in my lab took a picture of us that let's you see my hat (right). I had fun at the party, but I'm glad it's over, taking the night bus home was a bit more than I was ready for a week into living here! It was a bit weird meeting a lot my labmates friends while in costume, but you were actually the odd one if you weren't dressed up on the bus that night! Pretty nifty.
uperstore along with a pink hat for infants that sported cute bear ears. I painted the rainbow tummy symbol of Cheer Bear on the shirt and poof! a costume. The shirt is at left, I think the greatest compliments were the slight widening of eyes when I said I'd painted the shirt myself and hadn't bought it th
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
public transportation on Halloween, I would be a little nervous too!
ReplyDeleteCute idea for a costume, care bears are awesome!