I do chores. As in I clean regularly. The only thing I do not do is dust. Living in the new house has been great because I have no chores - no furniture, no carpet, one bathroom, one person's laundry & dishes, dog washed once monthly.
But the mouse (maybe mice?) arrived anyways.
One day in December the dog alerted on the dishwasher, I was like, "You are crazy, eat a bone". Then last week there was a huge crash in the kitchen during the night, and a bag of rice had been pulled across the counter and a little hole gnawed in it. I bought two "live" traps, baited them with peanut butter and waited. Nothing.
Until last night, when I heard a trap smack shut. I was thought, "Great, now where will I take this mouse?" No worries, it got out. Evaded both traps and crapped all over the floor - must have scared the shit out of itself. I know it (they) is coming from under the house where the floorboards do not meet the wall under a heating vent in the kitchen.
All my food is now in the fridge or inside bags inside plastic containers. The dog just huffs, they must be friends. Tonight we go to round 2: Deathmatch. I'm afraid I'll have to get real mouse traps...
I'll send your rifle!
ReplyDeleteWill will come be your rodent man. He lives to kill mice. Only, it isn't humane AT ALL and it might scare you a little bit.
ReplyDeleteOnce you wage war on mice you have to go total Baghdad.