June 18, 2009

Quick update

So very busy getting ready for field season in the lab. Always seems we oceanographers prefer to go out when the weather is nicest! But I have been thinking that I have acquired some unexpected skills so far in life. Below are 5 of my most un-looked for, yet most handy skills :

1. I can plumb almost anything given some tubing (any size) and a couple zip ties. Hedgehog Guy and I once plumbed our overflowing toilet to the sump pump during a flood using a brick, a beach towel, and a garden hose.
2. I can pack efficiently. Our whole lives in 9ft of trailer space going across the country and not a single dish, glass, picture, or piece of china broke.
3. I can make amazing towers of drying dishes. Seriously.
4. I can select the perfect-size container for left-overs. Saves on dishes.
5. I know how most office furniture is put together and can fix or repair it. Thanks Dad!

What are your most unlikely skills?

2 comments:

  1. The towers of dishes are pretty frightening. At least 5 layers tall, and touching any one of the components may cause the entire thing to collapse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now the plumbing anything really impresses me. And after moving, I am even more astonished at your packing skills! :)

    ReplyDelete