I wasn't able to read it all, but I definitely get the drift. It is something PC deals with every day in every country. The oppression takes many forms, but it is a constant force to be reckoned with.
One thing I will add to the discussion: PC volunteers are really starting to learn something. It is hugely important to empower, train, work with, encourage, etc. women. However, if you only work with women, there is still the oppressor with the same amount of power who is yet uneducated and unable/unwilling to change his ways. Just as much needs to be done to educate men on all the things women are being educated on: leadership skills, conflict management, drug/alcohol abuse, the importance of equal rights to further a country, etc.
Just a thought. Thanks for sharing such a great and important article. I love to see posts like this!!
I wasn't able to read it all, but I definitely get the drift. It is something PC deals with every day in every country. The oppression takes many forms, but it is a constant force to be reckoned with.
ReplyDeleteOne thing I will add to the discussion: PC volunteers are really starting to learn something. It is hugely important to empower, train, work with, encourage, etc. women. However, if you only work with women, there is still the oppressor with the same amount of power who is yet uneducated and unable/unwilling to change his ways. Just as much needs to be done to educate men on all the things women are being educated on: leadership skills, conflict management, drug/alcohol abuse, the importance of equal rights to further a country, etc.
Just a thought. Thanks for sharing such a great and important article. I love to see posts like this!!