March 24, 2011

The Beached Whale Journal, Day 1

So, we are in the hospital. For at least a week, likely longer. 26 week twins and a shortened cervix will get you mandatory bedrest faster than a concussion in the NHL.
Yesterday I went to the doctor, and she recommended going to the hospital, which promptly admitted us. All is well, just not perfect. The ultrasound yesterday showed both babies head-down and of size - 960 grams! The first goal is 27 weeks (Monday), and really we are hoping for 28 weeks.
Today I was fitted for these lovely ballerina tights - TED stockings to help with leg circulation - and got my bedrest exercise booklet. In the next little while I expect my second dose of steroids to help with the babies air sac deployment should they come in the next week.
The food is okay, my roommate is nice, but I am still grieving not being at home with Jason and Gus.
Update tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. I hope everything is going okay!

    Try to relax while you're there >.<;;

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there! Try to enjoy the time to rest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Danielle, hang in there!!! We're looking forward to seeing a family of 4 this summer - 5 if you count Gus.

    Love ya!
    Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops. Anonymous here again. (Cindy). Now i see why you are in the hospital. Me and Suz can't wait to see you all in June. Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete