December 12, 2008

Florida Weekend

Last Thursday through Monday Hedgehog Guy and I visited his family in Kissimmee, Florida. We both arrived late on Thursday night, and the shock and joy of just seeing each other again pretty much filled that evening. On Friday we woke up late and then took a tour and wine-tasting at the near-by Lakeridge Winery with the folks. The tour was fun - lots of new innovations in eco-friendly wine-making these days from new drip irrigation to vat cooling technology. Unfortunately the native Florida muscadine grape is not a favorite of either Hedgehog Guy or I, and we didn't take any bottles home with us. But the hamburger afterward at 5 Guys was amazing! That evening we visited Megan and Jay's new apartment and had dinner with almost the whole Winget clan.

Saturday was a day for sleeping in and shopping! I love the Florida Mall. But Sat. night was the big dance with several of Hedgehog Guy's parents friends. We really had a great time, dancing to most of the swing songs, and my father-in-law even got me out for some of the other "easier" steps. The dinner was a great combination of steak and halibut. I really have to try the halibut at the local fish and chips shop now. They had about 35 door-prizes given away throughout the night in addition to dinner and dancing, but we didn't bring our table any luck. Maybe next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment