December 30, 2008

Happy Holidays?

Merry Christmas! Hedgehog Guy and I had quite the holiday this past weekend. The snow really got to me. I think it started when I got the car stuck in our road on the way home from the airport. An hour spent digging it out over and over again between 12:30 and 1:30am after a 5 hour plane delay wasn't exactly a great beginning to our vacation.

Christmas itself was great - great food, great presents, great to be with Hedgehog Guy and Dog.

Then it snowed again, which crimped my plan to buy a TV and play Wii all weekend. I had no back-up plan and really felt I should be out showing Hedgehog Guy how amazing the city is. So I began to obsess about this lack of a TV and the fun that would ensue, which made me mopey, which made Hedgehog Guy mopier, which sent Hedgehog Dog into hibernation. I mean you can only play so much "Crazy 8's" - it takes a long time to get to 500pts!

We did manage to have a really great lunch at a local noodle place on Friday and a lot of fun at a bar in Richmond watching the Florida State-Wisconsin football game on Saturday. And we finally got a TV on Monday - taxes here suck. Hedgehog Guy even got a taste of the bus system and the nearest shopping centers.

Then Hedgehog Guy went home, and it's just me again. I think my New Year's Resolution will be to be more positive. We were together for Christmas! We aren't in debt! We have shelter (2 apartments!) and clothes and food and cars! We have a great dog and family! And we love each other. The rest won't fall into place magically, but I'm sure it could be worse. But I'm not going to dwell on how it could be worse, just in case it happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment