rain turned to snow. The temperatures were all above freezing, not even evening frost, until it began to snow. So we have green grass under our 6 inches of snow. I mean the rose bush was blooming
until early December. So I'm not worried about a successful garden next year, I am just worried about making it to planting.The approach to snow here is very different. The big, huge, major traffic arteries are dutifully
cleared and sanded, but not the neighborhood streets. Not the bus stops, not the sidewalks outside your local business. The dog loves the snow. I mean craves spending time out there. I set the oven timer so that I remember to drag him back in after 20 minutes at a time. He will go over the same "trail" every time he goes out. Even suggestions of dinner or treats will not sway his concentration. He gets so focused that he doesn't even investigate all the tracks in the yard! I would think his ears and muzzle would get cold, but... I'm excited because Hedgehog Guy will be here for a white Christmas. So far the first year in a new place is always snowy (or icy). Think 1991 in Conway, 2002 in Newark, and now 2008 in Vancouver!
Ostrich Dog hides from scary things
ReplyDelete